Volunteer with VITA
Be a VITA Volunteer and make a difference in the lives of our fellow citizens in San Antonio and Bexar County.
Every year, hundreds of people just like YOU contribute their time and expertise to provide free tax preparation to thousands of individuals and families across San Antonio and Bexar County.
If you have experience doing tax returns, are good at working details, willing to learn, and want to contribute to your community, we have the volunteer program for you, but sign up now— space is limited!
FREE Tax Return Preparation Training
- Basic to Advance tax returns
- Convenient training times for working people
- “Link & Learn” on-line certification option
- Referral bonus for every THREE people you RECRUIT, who attend a TRAINING (in class or online), & who VOLUNTEER at a VITA site for at least 4 hours, will receive an incentive ($25 gift card)
- Perks throughout the 13-week tax season
- Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
- Learn tax law and become IRS certified
VITA Volunteer Opportunities Available
- TAX PREPARER– Provide FREE basic tax preparation for eligible taxpayers
- GREETER/INTAKE SPECIALIST-Provide Support to the clients and the volunteers
- 20 Hour training session over 2 Saturdays. 8:00 am-5:00pm.
- 20 Hour training session over 4 consecutive nights. 5:30pm-9:30pm.
Contact – Call or text (210) 355-0049