For Income $60,000 or less, get your taxes done for free.
VITA Sites are shown below. Select a site to see operating hours.
(RAL refers to Refund Anticipation Loans available through River City Federal Credit Union at The Neighborhood Place, St. Philip’s College and Guadalupe Community Center)
Please Note: The IRS will not call a taxpayer to demand they return money supposedly sent in error.
For Tax Year 2023
Before you go to the site, please bring the following:
Taxpayers should keep end of year documents including:
Letter 6419, 2021 Total Advance Child Tax Credit Payments, to reconcile advance Child Tax Credit payments
Letter 6475, Your 2021 Economic Impact Payment, to determine eligibility to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit
Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, to reconcile advance Premium Tax Credits for Marketplace coverage
- Proof of Identification—Drivers License, Government issued Photo I.D.
- Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for you, your spouse and dependents you will claim
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and and dependents you will claim
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, BOTH spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Last years tax return, if you have it, can really help
- The dates and amounts of any stimulus checks received.
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2 from all employers
- Annuity or retirement: 1099-R
- Social Security Statement: 1099-SSA
- Gambling winnings: W2-G
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099-INT and 1099-DIV)
- Mortgage interest: 1098
- Real estate taxes paid (statement or receipt)
- Child care expenses: provider receipt showing provider Identification Number
- Medical Expenses: detailed receipts
- Charitable contributions
- Education: Form 1098-T Tuition Statement; must have the school EIN
- Student Loan Interest: 1098-E