VITA Sites are shown below. Select a site to see operating hours.
For Income $55,000 or less, get your taxes done for free.
Please Note: The IRS will not call a taxpayer to demand they return money supposedly sent in error.
For Tax Year 2021
Before you go to the site, please bring the following:
Taxpayers should also keep end of year documents including:
Letter 6419, 2021 Total Advance Child Tax Credit Payments, to reconcile advance Child Tax Credit payments
Letter 6475, Your 2021 Economic Impact Payment, to determine eligibility to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit
Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, to reconcile advance Premium Tax Credits for Marketplace coverage
In January 2022, the IRS will send you Letter 6419 to provide the total amount of advance Child Tax Credit payments that were disbursed to you during 2021. Please keep this letter regarding your advance Child Tax Credit payments with your tax records. You may need to refer to this letter when you file your 2021 tax return during the 2022 tax filing season.
- Proof of Identification—Drivers License, Government issued Photo I.D.
- Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for you, your spouse and dependents you will claim
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and and dependents you will claim
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, BOTH spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Last years tax return, if you have it, can really help
- The dates and amounts of any stimulus checks received.
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2 from all employers
- Annuity or retirement: 1099-R
- Social Security Statement: 1099-SSA
- Gambling winnings: W2-G
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099-INT and 1099-DIV)
- Mortgage interest: 1098
- Real estate taxes paid (statement or receipt)
- Child care expenses: provider receipt showing provider Identification Number
- Medical Expenses: detailed receipts
- Charitable contributions
- Education: Form 1098-T Tuition Statement; must have the school EIN
- Student Loan Interest: 1098-E