For Income $55,000 or less, get your taxes done for free.
Please Note: The IRS will not call a taxpayer to demand they return money supposedly sent in error.
For Tax Year 2020
Before you go to the site, please bring the following:
- Proof of Identification—Drivers License, Government issued Photo I.D.
- Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for you, your spouse and dependents you will claim
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and and dependents you will claim
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, BOTH spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Last years tax return, if you have it, can really help
- The dates and amounts of any stimulus checks received.
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2 from all employers
- Annuity or retirement: 1099-R
- Social Security Statement: 1099-SSA
- Gambling winnings: W2-G
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099-INT and 1099-DIV)
- Mortgage interest: 1098
- Real estate taxes paid (statement or receipt)
- Child care expenses: provider receipt showing provider Identification Number
- Medical Expenses: detailed receipts
- Charitable contributions
- Education: Form 1098-T Tuition Statement; must have the school EIN
- Student Loan Interest: 1098-E