For Income $55,000 or less, get your taxes done for free.
Tax Assistance Options
For the San Antonio, TX Area
Often times, taxes can quickly get confusing. Whether you need tax preparation assistance or year round service, our professionals have you covered! We have years of experience, as well as updated knowledge of the laws in Texas, making us an ideal choice for tax help. For more information, contact or visit one of our locations today! We proudly provide service to clients throughout the San Antonio, TX area.
Before you go to a VITA Site in the San Antonio area, please bring the following items with you:
- Proof of Identification—Drivers License, Government issued Photo I.D.
- Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for you, your spouse and dependents you will claim
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents you will claim
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, BOTH spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Last years tax return, if you have it, can really help
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2 from all employers
- Annuity or retirement: 1099-R
- Social Security Statement: 1099-SSA
- Gambling winnings: W2-G
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099-INT and 1099-DIV)
- Mortgage interest: 1098
- Real estate taxes paid (statement or receipt)
- Child care expenses: provider receipt showing provider Identification Number
- Medical Expenses: detailed receipts
- Charitable contributions
- Education: Form 1098-T Tuition Statement; must have the school EIN
- Student Loan Interest: 1098-E
- All 1095-A’s if you used the healthcare exchange